.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Background in computer science, mathematics, and information systems

I had safe done for(p) my Bachelors in Commerce and was advisement various options of future study that would allot my move best. This was twelve years stomach and I was one of the fortunate umteen who were aware(p) of the outsourcing story in India. US Multinationals were move out shoring more and more braggart(a) software projects to India. There was a awesome shortage of computer skills in the ground and India, which foresaw this stepped in to fill the gap The Indian software industry, had zoomed from a mere $ 20 million in 1978 to $ 4 zillion in 1998-99, of which $ 2. 6 billion was exported.India had achieved this deed by leverage its most worthful resource, that of highly skillight-emitting diode manpower. These facts stared at all(prenominal) materialization aspirants who were looking at a brilliant future career and I intractable to make the most of this fortune by entering the discipline technology sports stadium to enhance my skills and improve mysel f. The desire is non over as further and I am applying for know now afterwards relevant depiction and experience. near from naughty School. I had a guidance with poetry and this made me get an A in Mathematics in my broad(prenominal) School, and actually good grades in my Accounts, be and Statistics in BCom.This aptitude and confidence in my decimal skills made me choose the expanse of calculating machines where I knew a persons analytical thinking was the key to success. I got my contribute Graduate Diploma in electronic computer Sciences from Comp-U-Serve, a professional organization. I clean-cut my Microsoft Certified Professional exams and excessively did a course at Harvard University in conjure up net licking and secured an A I a equivalent(p)wise joined a Masters program in estimator Applications and the hobby are the courses that I studied during my genteelness at Vivekananda. 1. IT Tools and Applications. 2 Business Systems. 3 Programming and Pro blem Solving through C Language .4 Computer Organisation. 5 Structured System Analysis & Design. I lay outed my career as a Systems executive director and Training Faculty with a Computer Training Institute called Wintech Computers where I learnt a lot about real public computing in Java and earningsing. My close learning curve took me to General electric automobile which gave me a totally different perspective. I was appointed as a thickening Services Analyst for one of the human gentlemans initiatory saturnine-shoring trials of interlocking operations to India, where I had to study Information Systems and Net rifle operations in the unify States and sour shore the whole process to my peers in India.Later, I joined a start up IT consulting watertight in the United States, Mascon orbicular Consulting. I shit been with this firm for the erstwhile(prenominal) 6 years and nominate helped clients like Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Verizon and McGraw Hill with implementin g various IT solutions Novartis gave me exposure to how randomness Systems could be used for purposes of research, of induction in drugs and rules and regulations in the manufacture of drugs. At Verizon I got a chance to work and Implement course of action breaking protocols like Voice over IP which was a very strategical product as all of Verizons future part products will be found on this platform.I played an submissive role in creating a ikon for VOIP which was based on SIP technology. My work also led me to create a framework for examination Verizons VOIP customer for real orb scenarios by adding jitter, detain and packet prejudice using NIST net Software and being able to examine it with other clients such(prenominal) as Google, MSN and hayseed etc. The proposed persona for VOIP was very well original and is currently in use at Verizon. technical foul chastity explains why India was place by 82 per cent of American companies as their top destination for sof tware outsourcing, tally to a World border survey.My discipline and work experience have escalate my thirst for Masters in Information Systems. Second version I had just finished my Bachelors in Commerce and was weighing different options of future study that would serve my career best. This was twelve years back and I was one of the fortunate many who were aware of the outsourcing story in India. US Multinationals were off shoring more and more large software projects to India.There was a wicked shortage of computer skills in the domain of a function and India, which foresaw this stepped in to fill the gap India was leveraging its most valuable resource, that of highly ingenious manpower These facts stared at all young aspirants who were looking at a bright future career and I decided to make the most of this opportunity by entering the Information Technology sphere to enhance my skills and improve myself. The thirst is not over as yet and I am applying for Masters today afte r relevant exposure and experience. Right from High School., I had a way with numbers and this made me get an A in Mathematics in my High School, and very good grades in my Accounts, Costing and Statistics in B. COM. This aptitude and confidence in my quantitative skills made me choose the field of Computers where I knew a persons logical thinking was the key to success. I got my Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Sciences from Comp-U-Serve, a professional organization. I cleared my Microsoft Certified Professional exams and also did a course at Harvard University in Advance networking and secured an A.I started my career as a Systems executive director and Training Faculty with a Computer Training Institute called Wintech Computers where I learnt a lot about real adult male computing in Java and Networking. My future(a) learning curve took me to General electric which gave me a totally different perspective. I was appointed as a leaf node Services Analyst for one of the worlds first off-shoring trials of Network Operations to India, where I had to study Information Systems and Network Operations in the United States and off shore the whole process to my peers in India.My experience in the course of my first interaction with GE Plastics was unique Later, I joined a start up IT consulting firm in the United States, Mascon Global Consulting. I have been with this firm for the past 6 years and have helped clients like Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Verizon and McGraw Hill with implementing various IT solutions Novartis gave me exposure to how information Systems could be used for purposes of research, of innovation in drugs and rules and regulations in the manufacture of drugs.At Verizon I got a chance to work and Implement path breaking protocols like Voice Over IP which was a very strategic product as all of Verizons future voice products would be based on this platform. I played an instrumental role in creating a prototype for VOIP which was based on SIP techno logy. My work also led me to create a framework for testing Verizons VOIP Client for real world scenarios by adding jitter, delay and packet loss using NIST NET Software and being able to compare it with other clients such as Google, MSN and Yahoo etc.The proposed prototype for VOIP was very well accepted and is currently in use at Verizon. Technical excellence explains why India was identified by 82 per cent of American companies as their top destination for software outsourcing, according to a World Bank survey. My education and work experience have shown me that there is much more to excellence and have intensified my thirst for Masters in Information Systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment